Results of the Open Textbook Call for Proposals
On June 6th 2017, the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development announced a $1 Million Dollar investment into Open Educational Resources by launching a new funding opportunity for member institutions: The Open Textbook Initiative.
The Open Textbook Initiative provides funding to increase the presence and use of open textbooks in the following priority areas:
- Textbooks for high-enrolment first and second-year courses
- Original French-language content
- Indigenous studies content
- Trades and technical skills content
- Content supporting the settlement of immigrants and refugees
eCampusOntario is pleased to announce that 23 projects received funding. Of the 23 projects, 14 are Open Textbook Adaptation/Adoption projects and 9 are Open Textbook Creation projects.