Eligibility for OEX Funding
Welcome to the funded track of Ontario Exchange (OEX).
Until February 28th 2023, eCampusOntario is funding successful service requests for OEX. If your project application is successful and you choose an OEX vetted vendor from our match list, the cost of your project will be covered by eCampusOntario.
You will be required to complete a monthly reporting process and exit survey, which will aid in the development of Ontario Exchange. Unless otherwise exempted by eCampusOntario, all final products will be submitted to the eCampusOntario Library and/or be made available for use by institutions across the province using an appropriate license (for example, a Creative Commons or Ontario Commons 1.0 license.)
*Please note that projects that are funded via Virtual Learning Strategy (VLS) are not eligible to also receive OEX funding. However, VLS projects are encouraged to apply to OEX through Fast Track to receive matches from our supplier directory.
Section 2 – Match Information
This section collects information on your request to make the best match possible with a vetted Supplier in our directory.
What service(s) or role(s) are you interested in connecting with? To see how OEX defines these services, go to https://www.ecampusontario.ca/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/OEX-Defined-Roles-and-Services.pdf
Hours Requested from Ontario Exchange.
Please outline each role required for the project, and identify if the role is to be performed by Institution staff (at the Institutions expense) or is an OEX support request (at eCampusOntario’s expense) If a project role is being performed by the institution but also requires OEX support, please separate out these project roles.
Keep in mind that the purpose of Ontario Exchange is to directly address capacity gaps by providing additional content development support in the form of qualified providers. It is expected that your institution will provide a substantial portion of the resources required to develop the content, with OEX providing the ‘missing piece’ of the team in the form of an instructional designer, multi-media developer or other key role that would otherwise delay the project. Please clearly indicate your institution’s contribution to the project (roles and estimated hours) when requesting OEX resources in the last section of the application.
Maximum upload size: 516MB
Section 3 – Attestation and Project Requirements
OEX-funded projects must adhere to specific requirements. Please review and agree to them below.
I agree to the Project requirements below, and attest that this application adheres to the following:
- Eligibility: All eCampusOntario member institutions are eligible to apply. An individual with signing authority to bind the member institution must sign the attestation. This may also be the project lead and designate for reporting
- Licensing of Final Product: Unless otherwise exempted by eCampusOntario, final product be released with the appropriate license which may allow others to freely retain, revise, reuse, remix and redistribute the content. For Open Educational Resources (OERs) applicants must ensure that all content (text, images, etc.) be free from copyright restrictions for inclusion in an openly licensed final product
- Retention of Final Product: Unless otherwise exempted by eCampusOntario, all final products will be submitted to the eCampusOntario Library. This includes all source files and/or editable files used in creating the resource (including any multimedia files) to easily enable further remixing and modification where permitted by the license
- Acknowledgement of Provincial Funding: Acknowledge Government of Ontario and eCampusOntario in all communications regarding the project
- Evaluation of Project Outcomes: Agree to participate fully in any evaluation process regarding the initiative (for example, reporting metrics, interview or exit survey)
- Digital Standards: All applications will prioritize use of tools and technology that are compliant with appropriate standards for openness and interoperability to support adoption and adaptation across multiple platforms that include W3C standards. Applicants will also prioritize use of tools and technology that demonstrate user-centered design; continuous evaluation and improvement; effective use of data; protection of security; and privacy of personal information
- Accessibility: All content produced under this initiative must be in accessible formats in accordance with the requirements of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (Ontario)
- Adherence to Applicable Laws: All products must be in compliance with all applicable legislation, including the Copyright Act (Canada) – https://www.ontario.ca/laws/statute/05a11
- Records of Expenditures: Agree to maintain appropriate records of expenditures (e.g. records of salaries, expenses, etc.)
OEX-funded projects must adhere to specific requirements. If this requirement is not agreed to your application will be rejected.