If you’re looking for an employment experience that requires open thinking, plenty of teamwork, and endless creative challenges, you’ve come to the right place! eCampusOntario is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes passionate individuals of all ages and professional backgrounds. Feel free to browse our current list of job opportunities and don’t hesitate to contact us with any inquiries.
Lynda.com Implementation – IAM Technical Lead
Posted 5 months ago
The Identity and Access Management (IAM) Technical Lead is accountable for the successful deployment (software installation and integration with existing directories at Ontario education institutions) and configuration to a federation known as the Canadian Access Federation (CAF).
The IAM Technical Lead will report to the CFO and work collaboratively to deliver services according to the project plan. The Technical Lead will be the single point of contact for Ontario institutions participating in the project as well as the single point of contact to the Canadian Access Federation Technical Team during onboarding of IAM Services.
Functions & Responsibilities
The Position will be responsible for the following:
- You are the technical liaison leading the deployment/configuration & testing of Identity Access Management systems at Ontario Colleges and Universities to be connected to the Canadian Access Federation (CAF)
- You will provide 1st level support for any technical issues during implementation phase
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers to understand integration requirements and to explain solution approaches
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in using the Shibboleth open source platform solution
- A minimum of 3 years of IAM systems Integration and application development experience
- This role frequently involves challenging technical problems during implementation, which requires an individual with strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Experience with databases (MSSQL, MySQL, Oracle) and directories (LDAP, AD)
- Experience with security certificates, and encryption techniques
- Experience installing software on Windows and UNIX/Linux platforms (physical and virtual servers)
- Familiarity with identity management provisioning systems and Role Based Access Control (RBAC)
- May be required to work outside of normal working hours
- Willingness to travel
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter that speaks to why they should be considered for this role.
This is a 3-4 month contract starting January 2, 2018.
Interested? Email email@example.com.
eCampusOntario Student Director (College)
Posted 2 weeks ago
eCampusOntario is a not-for-profit corporation funded by the Government of Ontario to be a centre of excellence in online and technology-enabled learning for all publicly-funded colleges and universities in Ontario.
eCampusOntario is governed by a Board of Directors with leadership from two Board Chairs. Operations are headed by a Chief Executive Officer.
By enhancing our members’ capacity to innovate, educate, advocate and collaborate, eCampusOntario ensures learners benefit from an integrated, best-in-class elearning environment – one that is easy to explore, highly relevant to all stakeholders and builds a smarter Ontario.
eCampusOntario is governed by a 14-member Board of Directors with equal representation from Ontario colleges and universities:
- One President of a University;
- One President of a College;
- Two Vice Presidents Academic (or equivalent) of a University;
- Two Vice Presidents Academic (or equivalent) of a College;
- Two students, one of whom is currently enrolled in a college and one of whom is
currently enrolled in a university, and each of whom has experience with online and/or technology-enabled learning;
- Two senior administrators with expertise in online learning, one of whom is employed at a College and one of whom is employed at a University;
- Two online learning experts, one of whom is employed at a College and one of whom is employed at a University;
- Two representatives of the public, one of whom has experience in financial, audit and/or risk management.
There are also five ex officio, non-voting directors including:
- CEO of eCampusOntario;
- A representative from ONCAT;
- A representative from Contact North;
- The Vice-President, Research and Policy from Colleges Ontario;
- The Senior Director, Policy and Analysis from Council of Ontario Universities.
Role of Board Members
The eCampusOntario Board of Directors meets quarterly to provide oversight and contributes to the strategic direction of the organization. It is expected that Directors come to meetings prepared to engage in discussion. Directors serve without remuneration. Travel expenses to meetings will be reimbursed. All Directors serve a three-year term.
If you are currently enrolled as a student at one of Ontario’s colleges and are interested in applying for this position, please send a copy of your C/V and a cover letter outlining your interest and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 28.