Board of Directors – Public Director Position with financial, audit or risk management experience
The following characteristics describe an individual who would be well-suited to serve eCampusOntario on its Board of Directors as a member from the public:
- Deep experience in a finance, audit or risk management environment
- Commitment to fully participate in all Board meetings (including having read any background materials) and related professional development activities
- Willingness to continually learn more about online and technology-enabled learning, the organization’s operations and its services, as well as learn about any individual responsibilities as a Board member by fulfilling professional development training as recommended by the Board or Executive Directors
- Commitment to maintain confidentiality of eCampusOntario’s operations
- Member of the public having no direct affiliation with a member institution
- No conflict of interest, real or perceived—for example, direct affiliation with an organization that could be seen to gain an unfair competitive/commercial advantage from involvement with the eCampusOntario Board
- Experience or expertise in one of the following areas would be advantageous to the eCampusOntario Board:
- service on the Board of a similar, publicly-funded organization
- work in the public sector
The Directors serve without remuneration for their time and contributions, but are reimbursed for any out-of-pocket expenses properly incurred (e.g. travel, accommodations) to attend Directors’ meetings or otherwise perform the duties of a Director.
Download the Finance and Audit Committee Terms of Reference here.
Please submit applications to Lena Patterson, Operations Director: firstname.lastname@example.org by June 15, 2017.