Envisioning the future of skills recognition at the Ontario Open Badges Forum
On November 22nd, eCampusOntario presented the Ontario Open Badges Forum led by Don Presant, President of CanCred.ca. Over 120 attendees from industry, government, education (K-12, post-secondary) and nonprofit came together for cross-sectoral dialogue that envisioned the province’s future workforce. The forum provided attendees with useful ways to recognize learning, skills, and achievements. Specifically, it explored how alternative recognition such as open badges can help transform Ontario’s workforce into a global powerhouse.
Noted speakers included:
- Grant Jameson, Fairness Commissioner, Ontario
- David Suess, Director, Manufacturing Skills Centre, Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters
- Lauren Hunter, Director, Talent Cloud Team, Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat
- Jim Vanderveken, Dean, Centre for Community Partnerships & Experiential Learning/City School, Mohawk College
- Jeff Griffiths, CEO, Griffiths-Sheppard